The Nexus challenge – Provocation paper
In the stimulus paper for the Transdisciplinary Methods for Developing Nexus Capabilities Workshop, Professor Andy Stirling and colleagues from the Nexus Network have set out a series of questions and provocations.
You can read the full paper here NexusNetwork_MethodsWorkshop_June2015_StimulusPaper_forparticipants
- How can real progress be made in global provision of water, food and energy?
- How might this be achieved in secure, just, equitable and sustainable ways?
- What are the settings in which water, food and energy challenges interact, such as environmental values, business strategy, resource equity, ecological limits, urbanisation and transformative innovation?
- What kinds of social and research capabilities and capacities are most needed – and in what kinds of mix?
- What kinds of method may best help inform, strengthen and catalyse the necessary transformative action?
Do you have any answers to these questions? Are they the right questions? Is there anything missing? Are there areas in the paper which strike a chord with you?
We would love to hear your responses and get a discussion going. You can add your comments at the bottom of the post here or get in touch with us on twitter @uk_nexus, using the
Image credit: With thanks to MM on Flickr, Motorcyclists in Vietnam.