this call has now closed.
Nexus Network Policy Placement in Defra on ‘Environmental values and valuation at the nexus‘.
The deadline for applications is 4pm on Wednesday 7 January 2015.
An opportunity for a four month secondment into Defra has become available, to work at the interface between research and policy through the Nexus Network. The postholder will seek to develop new collaborations and partnerships within the Nexus Network and beyond.
The core purpose of this policy placement is to take forward ideas that emerge from the Nexus Network 27 November 2014 What works at the Nexus Conference and the Values and Valuation 28 November 2014 workshop. The particular focus will be the development of new partnerships and collaborations which will both extend the research base and make it accessible to the decision makers relying on it.
This placement opportunity will embed a secondee into Defra to work with the Department and others to creatively develop and embed workshop ideas into practitioner communities. Specifically the job will entail:
- Prioritising key issues arising from the workshop and scoping pragmatic but innovative approaches to tackling different areas in order to develop a plan of action that will deliver a range of activities addressing workshop outputs.
- Identifying critical stakeholders to engage and take forward workshop outputs, particularly exploring under-represented sector.
- Collaborating with decision makers and research experts to extend and embed knowledge exchange and translation.
Deliverables will include
- A Scoping report setting out a range of options to address interests arising from the workshop.
- A stakeholder report including identifying primary stakeholders, new and unknown groups and tested means of working with each.
- An action plan to prioritise activity going forward including having brought interested parties together to agree central issues and approaches to address them.
Timescale: The fellowship will run for four months, ideally from 16 March 2015 to 17 July 2015.
Funding: Up to £16,000 of funding is available to offset your salary costs, travel and subsistence over the period of the Fellowship.
For more information and how to apply, download the pdf Nexus_Network_Defra_Policy_Fellow_FINAL