The Nexus Network as awarded 6 Networking grants ‘to enable researchers to build meaningful inter-disciplinary research collaboration networks, and to establish connections with relevant stakeholders (from civil society, policy and business communities) in order to engage them as knowledge partners in the co-design of research proposals on nexus topics.’
The successful grants tackle a range of Nexus issues:
- Shocks to the food-energy-water nexus: impacts and responses – led by Dr Candice Howarth from University of Surrey.
- The Domestic Nexus: interrogating the interlinked practices of water, energy and food consumption – led by Dr Matt Watson from University of Sheffield.
- Nexus Impacts of Britain’s exit from European Union (Nexus-Brexit) – Dr. Guy Ziv from University of Leeds.
- Network of Organic Resource use in rural Africa (NORA) – led by Professor Euan Phimister from University of Aberdeen.
- Agroecological Business: Connecting civil society, SMEs and consumers to nature and the land – led by Professor Steffen Boehm from University of Essex.
- The Nexus in Parliament: Supporting parliamentary engagement with environmental and social interdependencies – Professor David Demeritt from King’s College London.
More information on each of these projects will be available shortly.
Image credit: with thanks to George Wesley & Bonita Dannells on flickr.