The Nexus Network workshop on ‘Transdisciplinary Methods for Developing Nexus Capabilities’, will be held at the University of Sussex, UK on 29-30 June 2015.
The workshop will be shaped around two key questions:
- What different kinds and interconnections of method in contrasting contexts, form the most practical basis for enabling transformative action to address Nexus challenges?
- How can such encompassing Nexus methodologies best enable academic, government, business and civil society actors to develop appropriate skills, training and research capabilities?
In the stimulus paper for the workshop, Professor Andy Stirling and colleagues from the Nexus Network set out the context for the Transdisciplinary Methods for Developing Nexus Capabilities workshop. Please take a look at the full paper before applying to take part in the workshop: NexusNetwork_MethodsWorkshop_June2015_StimulusPaper_forparticipants
Apply to take part in the workshop
We would like to invite around 60 people from research, business, policy and civil society organisations, to take part in the workshop and who come with an expertise and experience of interdisciplinary approaches. We anticipate a large amount of interest in this workshop which is why we ask you apply with some additional information to allow us to select the workshop participants. A priority will be placed on participants with experience in developing cross-disciplinary methods; to give a balance between sectors and to encourage early career participation.
For more information on topics, speakers and the full agenda please go to the Workshop page.
The workshop is free to attend and we welcome participants from outside of the UK. However please note that participants will need to cover their own travel and accommodation costs.
Application deadline – NOW CLOSED
*If you found out about the workshop after the application deadline and feel you should be part of the event, then please email with Ruth firstname.lastname@example.org with your responses to the above questions and we will get back to you if there are places available.*
Please complete your application by attend by 5 pm on Friday 8 May 2015. Please click the button below to be taken to the Eventbrite form where you will be asked to fill in your details and answer a couple of short questions. The answers will help us make sure we have a balance of expertises and career-stages represented at the event.
The questions on the form are:
- Why would you like to attend this event? (in about 200 words)
- Please give a brief outline of your experience of inter and transdisciplinary working (in about 200 words)
- What do you think you would bring to the workshop in terms of skills and expertise? (in about 200 words)
We will you know by end of May if your application has been successful or if you have been added to the waitlist.